Apr 18, 2013

#AtoZ Challenge Nominations for the Liebster Blogging Award


#AtoZChallenge Nominations for the Liebster Blogging Award

A-Z Blogging Challenge Topic: Nominations for the Liebster Blogging Award
I wanted to congratulate author Rinelle Grey for her Liebster Blogging Award nomination. The purpose of the Liebster Blogging Award is to give new bloggers a chance to gain new followers and to give more information to the blogger that nominated them.

Rules of the Liebster Blogging Award:
The nominees should do the following if they accept their nomination:
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you
2) Give 11 random facts about themselves
3) Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you for the award
4) Nominate up to 11 bloggers with around 200 followers and post links to their blogs
5) Ask 11 questions that those nominated can answer
6) Post about the award and nomination on your blog and Social Media sites
7) Inform the selected nominees of their nomination

Thank you, Kiri Callaghan (+Kiri Callaghan ) of http://kiricallaghan.blogspot.com/ - The Geek Next Door for nom-nom-nominating me! You're magical!
 

Here are 11 Random Facts about Me:

1) I was alive (albeit only briefly) prior to the first moon landing.
2) I'm afraid of sharks in swimming pools. (borrowed from Kiri, because we inexplicably share this same fear)
3) my very first crush was on Wonder Woman (The Lynda Carter TV show)
4) I have recorded a full-length CD and have over 45 books published across more than 5 pen names.
5) I once played Shep Henderson in a production of Bell, Book and Candle.
6) I take a Sonic Screwdriver with me on nearly every trip, especially business related ones. (tenth Doctor, if you're curious.)
7) I have not yet learned to cook rice in a rice cooker. This is a personal concern of mine.
8) Until I was seven years old, I truly believed I might be able to become Spiderman when I grew up. I'm still not completely convinced that I can't.
9) I'm conversationally fluent in Spanish, but I'm getting a little bit rustier every day.
10) I will almost never refuse a slice of cheesecake.
11) My favorite smells are vanilla and cinnamon.
 
Here are the 11 questions to the nominees from the magical Kiri Callaghan:
 
1. Why is it you do what you do?
If you mean why I breathe, eat, drink and sleep, it is because it's a biological necessity and I have no choice but to do so else I will perish. If you mean why I write... its pretty much the same reason.
 
2. Something you hope to achieve in 2013?
I hope to complete two new novels, and at least one more anthology.
3. Something that haunts you.
Everything haunts me. If I did it, I wonder about what it would've been like had I not. If I didn't, I wonder what life would've been like if I had. Or if I'd done it differently. I wonder. All the time. Or, to paraphrase Shaw, I imagine the world as it might be, and wonder "why not?"
4. Something that always makes you smile.
Surprise hugs from old friends. Freshly baked cookies.
5. What you do when you're supposed to be doing something else.
I feel like I'm always supposed to be doing something else. I'm definitely more of a "path less traveled" kind of person.
6. Phrase you find yourself uttering consistently. (IE. I should be writing.)
"Internet service, why are you so slow?"
7. How do you get your muse going? (music, movies etc)
I use playlists on my iPad that are specifically designed to trigger the mood or theme of my current WIP; I only listen to these songs when I'm planning to write.
8. Biggest professional weakness.
I don't like to follow the established paths; I believe that just because this is how something has always been done doesn't mean it's the best way to do it. I believe that in order to be Beethoven, you have to think outside the Bachs. Sorry. That pun was unnecessary.
9. Biggest personal struggle.
Impatience.
10. If you could change one social norm, what would it be?
I would eradicate political correctness and shift the ownership of personal offense. I think people have forgotten that their way of seeing/perceiving/understanding/feeling a particular thing is not necessarily either the only way nor the right way.
11. I'll let the last one be easy: Your food/beverage of choice before/after/while you create!
Triple grande white chocolate mocha.

Blogs I nominate:
 
Steve Wilson - http://wilsongs.net/
Questions I have:
1. Star Wars or Star Trek or neither, and why?
2. Favorite Quote:
3. What was the moment or inspiration which told you what you'd want to do for the rest of your life?
4. Who is your favorite Doctor? (if you don't know what this means, then who is your favorite James Bond?)
5. What's your comfort food?
6. If money and social situations were no object, where would you want to go spend a week away from it all?
7. Who would you like to have play you in the movie of your life?
8. What do you do to decompress?
9. What is your Theme Song?
10. What is your personal motto?
11. What is one thing you do not yet know, but you wish to learn?
 
 
Go forth and do likewise!

No comments: