Aug 1, 2012

Self-Pub...12 things to consider

I get this question a lot - "Ren, I'm writing a book, but I don't know if I should self-publish or hold out for being published..."

I usually cobble together some sort of answer based on what I know of them, or we just chat about the pros and cons about both paths, but I came across Rachel Thompson's "12 Most Relevant Reasons You Should Self-Publish", which nicely wraps it all up in a lovely bow. So here it is, sharing it from me to you.

She lists most of the very considerations I thought about - many of which I was doing without even realizing what I was doing. Kinda wish I'd come across wisdom like this 2 years ago....but then, given so many of the changes to the industry, I guess it wouldn't have been so relevant then.

And who knows how relevant it'll be in two years more. Exciting times, regardless.

Anyway, without any further ado, go take a look at her list. Awesome material. Enjoy!


http://12most.com/2012/07/18/reasons-you-should-self-publish/

No comments: