Apr 24, 2012

Addendum to my last post

In all the excitement about chronocling the recent conversation between my daughter and I, I completely neglected one of the funniest bits. Shame on me!

As we were driving away from the UW campus, we both remarked on how hungry we were, and ran through a quick list of the nearby foodstuffs in the area. We sped through a variety of world cuisine, and we came up on Dick's Drive In - great burgers, if you've been there you know.

I said, "oh, hey, we can go there, to Dick's Burgers."

Jillie started giggling uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?" I asked innocently. "Is 'Burgers' a funny word?"

Her: "No." *giggle*

Me: "Oh, 'Dicks'? Is the word 'Dicks' funny?"

Her: *giggling hysterically*

I'm sure this threatens to revoke any Dad Cred I might have earned, but I don't care. I totally love that my daughter laughs at things like that. It's like she's 12 or something.

Heh.

No comments: